Godling's Glossary: D
- The Distillers' Enforcement Apparatus, an army of masked thugs licensed to rob, defame, kidnap, or kill persons suspected of preferring other drugs over alcohol.
- Death, n.
- The only medicine currently available which can deliver one from the affliction known as government. It has a number of inconvenient side-effects which have a negative impact on the ability to achieve one's goals. The unpleasantness of these side-effects can be greatly reduced if the medicine is adminstered to the functionaries of the State instead of, as is usual, by them.
- n. The third Person of the programmer's Holy Trinity; the first two are the Editor and the Compiler.
- v. To unscrew, fundamentally.
- Democracy, n.
- An asylum run by the inmates. As Churchill admitted, "the worst form of government, except for all the others"; now getting so obviously awful that alternatives to government are finally getting the attention they deserve.
If X is the population of the United States and Y is the degree of imbecility of the average American, then democracy is the theory that X x Y is less than Y.
-- H. L. Mencken
- Dewar, n.
- A vessel that sails through time instead of space. A jug for keeping one's honey in. The escrow account that holds the stakes when you bet your ass. A dewar is just like a mausoleum except that you might get out of a dewar some day; however, to date, the track records of the two are equal.
- Disasturbate, v.
- To idly fantasize about possible disasters, without considering their actual likelihood or the prospects for preventing them. Disasturbation, n.